Forest School at South Acton Nursery
At South Acton Children Centre we offer regular Forest School sessions.
Forest Schools have developed from the Scandinavian education system and a child-centred inspirational learning process, that offers opportunities for holistic growth through regular sessions. It is a long-term program that supports play, exploration and support risk taking. It develops confidence and self-esteem through learner inspired, hands-on experiences. The ethos of Forest School values the importance of the processes of learning, rather than the product created.
Forest school sessions take place in a woodland area, and being outside regularly supports children's general wellbeing as it is a calm and open space. Forest School creates a free, fun and supportive environment.
Forest School leaders plan activities that are achievable yet challenging that allow children to grow in confidence and reliance, enjoying the process and learning we can make mistakes and try again later.
Other benefits of Forest School include:
A positive impact on their communication and Language skills and Personal, Social and Emotional Development as they build relationships, play, share resources and ideas and listen to each other.
- Further, develop their gross and fine motor skills
- New opportunities to be creative and use their imagination through role play and making natural art.
- Children will learn how to keep safe and respect boundaries.
- Learn about the environment, respect nature and enjoy being outdoors.
- Opportunities for reflection.
- Creating a learning community with their peers and Forest School leader.
If you will like more information about our Forest School sessions you can speak to our Forest School leaders, Maria and Rose.
“In nature a child finds freedom, fantasy, and privacy: a place distant from the adult world, a separate peace”- Last Child in the woods by Richard LouvThis page is awaiting content